‘Jobs for Parents’ are family-friendly positions that may be part-time, flexi-time, term-time, temporary contracts or working from home.
If you have a vacancy to fill and would like to advertise the role on Oxford Mumbler, please contact us here.
If you have space in your home and heart, for a guide dog mum who will be bringing the next generation of guide dogs in the world, then this could be the role for you! A role where you can care and nurture for a future mum and plenty of little puppies when they arrive.
In this volunteer role you will be:
– Providing care and support for a guide dog mum within your home e.g., loving, grooming, and feeding them.
– Creating a safe environment for the guide dog mum when they are giving birth within your home, with the support of a Guide Dog staff member.
– Providing care and support for the new-born puppies for the first 7 to 8 weeks, including socialising them to the new sounds in your home.
Mumbler is a network of 19 hyper-local parenting websites with a strong & engaged social media community. We are looking for a Mumbler Manager based on Oxford to take the lead running Oxford Mumbler website & social media community. Oxford Mumbler launched in 2018, however has yet to reach its full potential in the local community. Could you be the person to achieve this?
We’re a small tight-knit Mumbler family and we have ambitious growth plans. We are looking for someone very special who wants to grow the business with us. You must passionately care about your local parenting community and want to help make life easier for local & visiting parents. You will probably have experience of blogging or running a Facebook group, but you will definitely be social-media savvy. You should be adaptive, flexible and have a positive “can-do” attitude.
This role is flexible and is based from home. You will report directly to Mumbler founder & MD Sally, however will have the flexibility & autonomy to run the business with minimal interference. You will need to be bold & ambitious and extremely confident to help build Oxford Mumbler.
The Role: Working 15 hours per week from home, you will be required to:
• Write seasonal engaging content for the Oxford Mumbler website
• Ensure website content and listings are up to date & relevant
• Research what’s-on locally for families
• Review local attractions, businesses & services
• Manage & post regularly on your Mumbler social media channels
• Represent Mumbler as required which may include business networking, contributing content to Mumbler HQ, press trips, PR events etc
• Opportunity to organise local events (parents meet ups, nearly new sales, family fun days & Mumbler Awards)
• Report potential sales leads regularly to the Mumbler HQ sales team
• Engage with & build great relationships with prospective customers on-line and in real-life
• Maintain excellent business relationships with existing customers
• Deliver engaging marketing campaigns on the Mumbler website & social media channels for paying customers.
• Share content ideas based on data analysis & trends with other Mumblers.
• Work 10-12 agreed core hours per week plus 3-5hrs flexibly.
• Friendly & approachable you must genuinely care about your local parenting community & want to make other parents lives easier.
• Highly organised
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Self-motivated & great at time management
• Ability to work independently
• Ability to collaborate with a team virtually
• Confidence to build relationships & develop sales relationships locally
• Social Media savvy (Facebook, Instagram & Linkedin)
• Experience with either Facebook communities, running a Facebook page or blogging
• Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office & Teams
Desirable but not essential as full training will be given.
• Marketing experience
• SEO knowledge
• Google Analytics knowledge
• Experience with WordPress
• Experience with Canva
• £11ph basic salary
• Commission structure for sales (optional)
• Flexible hours, working from home
• 6 weeks paid holiday
• Option to work term time only or reduced hours during school holidays (if required)
• Laptop & phone provided
At BelleVie we do things differently – we highly value our teams of Wellbeing Support Workers and the work they do, which is why we pay for full shifts (not just the time you spend in someone’s home). This includes pay for gaps, travel time and regular team meetings. We are also an accredited Living Wage Employer, meaning we are committed to paying the real living wage, rather than the government minimum. We pay £11ph, paid monthly so you know exactly how much you will be paid each month, making it easier to plan your finances.
The past year has seen communities come together to support each other and many people have gone the extra mile to support their friends and neighbours. Wellbeing Support Workers do whatever it takes to support people to live well at home and be part of their community. We provide you with all the training and support you need to support people to make the most of their day – from helping people get up in the morning, taking medication and getting dressed, to getting out and about and doing more of what really matters to them.
So, why join our team…
Part time and full time roles available, £11ph
Previous experience not essential, full training will be provided
Guaranteed hours and the full shift paid ( including gaps and travel time)
Accredited Living Wage Employer
Mileage Allowance at 45p per mile
Paid weekly hours for team meetings and buddy time
Part of self managing local teams in your area