Christmas has come early thanks to Vue Oxford! They’ve given us a family ticket for four to give away to one lucky Mumbler family! To enter simply:
- Go to Oxford Mumbler Facebook page here.
- Like and share the post.
- In comments, write the name of a family film you’re looking forward to sharing with watching with your little ones this Christmas!
If you’re not on Facebook, you can enter the competition using our contact form. Just enter your details and write the name of your favourite Christmas family film instead in the message bit.
CLOSING DATE: Sunday 9th December 2018
Mumbler Review of Vue Oxford!
We were lucky enough to be invited along by Vue Oxford to watch The Grinch last weekend. My three year old son and I went with our friends, Tash and her twin girls – also three years old. It was the first cinema visit for all three of the kids and we were really excited about doing this with them.
We weren’t sure if they would sit for the whole film, so we opted for the 11.30 showing. The plan was that we could just keep feeding them lunch to keep them going. But as it was, they were all absolutely captivated by the whole experience!
I arrived at Vue Oxford about 11am. It was a Sunday so I was bit worried that parking would be a nightmare because of the Kassam Stadium car boot sale, however there were loads of spaces (and parking is free).
We went up the two flights of stairs (there is an escalator but my son point blank refuses to use them) to Vue. They’ve also got a lift so you’d be fine if you had a pram. We got our tickets, met Tash and the twins, and went to get our snacks – also kindly offered by Vue.
Vue has these nifty trays for kids for £3.49 where you get a drink, popcorn (sweet and/or salty) and sweets (Haribo, Jellytots or a Milkyway). For adults, they’ve got the same but bigger for £4.99. The kids loved choosing their treats and were delighted with their little trays. It was a lot for us to carry though, so thankfully one of the members of staff helped us and showed us to our seats.
The kids were getting pretty excited by now – I realised how going to watch a film is pretty unlike anything they’ve done before. This was my son’s first big screen (and Vue screens are absolutely MASSIVE!) experience with the best sound, and even just climbing up the cinema steps in the dark was really exciting for them. I love it when this happens with kids, when you see something that’s become really familiar to you through their eyes.
The seats are big and comfy, and children can have a booster seat in case there’s a tall person in front of them. These are in stacks in the corridor outside the screens. We were in row N which I thoroughly recommend as we were about level with the middle of the screen.
The Grinch is absolutely brilliant, and we all loved it. It’s so festive and magical, I’m sure it will become a Christmas classic. Between that, the snacks, the screen, seats and the sound, the kids were totally absorbed for the entire 90 minutes. It was a triumph! I’d been half-planning to snooze as I’ve also got a baby and am so tired, but I didn’t want to miss it either!
I highly recommend a visit to Vue Oxford for a family outing. They’ve got 9 screens, all huge, and it’s a very easy and fun outing – especially now it’s getting colder! We went for the trays for snacks, but they also sell Ben and Jerry’s ice creams and hot food like nachos. The Vue also has ‘Mini Mornings’ on weekend mornings for families for £2.49 per ticket.
Please note this is a sponsored review for Vue Entertainment (Vue UK & Ireland) – but I would never recommend anything that I hadn’t truly enjoyed. The above is an accurate write up of our visit!
Vue Oxford website
Oxford Mumbler’s Christmas listings are here:
Christmas Events and Markets
Christmas Shows and Pantos
Oxford Mumbler is your LOCAL parenting community – a website packed with information for families in and around Oxford. Visit oxford.mumbler.co.uk for everything from what’s on over the holidays, days out, weekly clubs and classes in Oxford, to support groups and services for pregnancy, babies, parents and more. Follow us on Facebook here.
1. This competition is open to any person resident in the UK who is over 18 years old. Employees of Vue Oxford and Oxford Mumbler are not eligible. By entering, the participant agrees to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
2. There is one family ticket (4 people) to be won.
3. The winner will be selected at random from all entries received.
4. The closing date is Sunday 9th December 2018 at 10.00pm.
5. The winner will be notified by Tuesday 11th December 2018.
6. The prize is not transferable and no cash alternative is available.
7. The Promoter reserves the right to withdraw this offer or amend these Terms and Conditions at any time without notice.
8. In the event of any dispute regarding the Terms and Conditions, the conduct, results and any other matters relating to this prize draw, the decision of the Promoter shall be final and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into.
9. We take your privacy very seriously, and will NOT share any of your details with any other party. Your details will only be used to contact you if you win.